ECCB 2016 is the 15th edition of the European Conference on Computational Biology. It will take place in The Hague (Netherlands) between September 3 and 7, 2016. The event hosts two days of workshops and tutorials prior to the actual conference starting on September 5.
CALL FOR TALKS AT WORKSHOP
We are welcoming contributions to our workshop «Clinical Bioinformatics as a Service». The deadline for submissions is May 29, 2016. There are two formats available: contributed talks (15+5 minutes) and flash talks (2 minutes). Submit your abstracts online.
WORKSHOP IN CLINICAL BIOINFORMATICS AS A SERVICE
There is an increasing need for bioinformatics provided in clinics as a service. Examples include omics-informed precision oncology, rare genetic diseases, infectious diseases, gene therapy, etc. The field is young and rapidly evolving, such that there is much uncertainty about best practices, tools are unstable, and much re-invention or duplication is happening. This workshop aims to bring together leading researchers and practitioners in this area to exchange latest approaches, experiences, tool benchmark results, protocols and best practice guidelines for reporting molecular-based evidence to clinicians and patients. Visit the workshop website.
TIME & DATE
The workshop takes place on September 4, 2016, 09:00 – 17:00 (CEST) at the World Forum in The Hague, Netherlands. This is the same venue as the ECCB 2016 main conference starting directly after the workshop with the welcome reception. Find a complete schedule here.
- Tero Aittokallio, Computational Systems Medicine, Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM), https://www.fimm.fi/en/research/groups/aittokallio
- Dieter Beule, Head of Bioinformatics Core Unit, Berlin Institute of Health, https://www.bihealth.org/de/forschung/technologieplattformen/bioinformatik/
- Lydia Drumright, Clinical Informatics, University of Cambridge, http://www.med.cam.ac.uk/drumright/
- Camille Stephan-otto Attolini, Bioinformatics-Biostatistics Unit, Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB) Barcelona, http://www.irbbarcelona.org/en/profile/camille-stephan-otto-attolini
- May 29, 2016: Submission Deadline for Contributions to Workshop
- July 29, 2016: Early Bird Registration for Conference closes
- August 19, 2016: Online Registration for Conference closes
- Niko Beerenwinkel, ETH Zurich, Basel, Switzerland
- Wolfgang Huber, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
- Simon Tavaré, CRUK, Cambridge, U.K.
- Daniel Stekhoven, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland